SOLe is the missing link for eDoctrina to be a full-fledged learning management system. The eDoctrina SOLe module allows teachers to create engaging online learning experiences for their students. Learning experiences can be used as part of a teacher’s core instruction, as enrichment for gifted / talented students or as a Tier 2 intervention activity for students who require a little more practice. The module is only limited by the creativity of teachers and curriculum staff.
What is a Learning Experience like?
A learning experience typically consists of a variety of online content that students can navigate through as directed by their teacher or at the student’s pace. Learning experiences can include plain text, pictures, videos, hyperlinks, discussion forums, linked documents and assessments. Teachers have full control over the content students are required to access in order to move to the next step in the learning experience. Examples of the controls include:
- The student is required to open the screen for a certain period of time.
- The student is required to click on selected hyperlinks.
- The student is required to download selected documents.
- The student is required to watch a video.
- The student is required to make posts / reply in a discussion forum.
- The student must answer a certain percent of questions correctly.
Is it easy to manage?
Teachers can easily see how students are progressing using the SOLe Activity Monitor.
Is it easy to use?
Ease of use for both teachers and students was very important in our design. For teachers, we decided to use the existing unit plan editor that many teachers are already familiar with to build learning experiences from. From the student’s perspective, SOLe has the feel of many of the social networking sites they are already familiar with.