Privacy and Security Policy
August 20th, 2015
eDoctrina Corporation values the privacy of those who use its website, products and services. Our team is committed to protecting the security of student, staff, school and district information and, thus, we take a number of precautions (that are consistent with industry standards) to protect it. We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect data and ensure privacy and security of student, staff, school and district data. This includes the following:
- We will not collect, maintain, use or share personal student information beyond that needed for authorized educational / school purposes.
- We will not sell personal student information.
- We will not use or disclose student information collected through an educational/school service (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements with students.
- We will not build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational / school purposes or as authorized by the parent / student.
- We will not retain student information beyond the time period required by our customers.
- We will only collect, use and share personal student information as authorized by our customers.
- Every team member signs a Confidentiality Certification Statement on their hiring date and then again at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Any vendors we work with who have access to student data also sign a Confidentiality Certification Statement and are required to adhere to our company policies.
- eDoctrina passwords are protected by encryption and divided into multiple administrator groups (District Administrator, School Administrator, Teacher).
- SSL encryption is used to protect data transmissions.
- Various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards protect student information and data stored on our servers.
Sharing of Data With Third Parties
eDoctrina Corporation will NOT share any customer data with ANY third party without express written consent. If customers wish for eDoctrina Corporation to share data with a third party, they must complete our Authorization to share Licensee Content with a third party form.
Policy Changes & Updates
- We will not make material changes to our privacy policies without first notifying our customers.
- Material will be implemented at the start of a new contract year where practical.