OBSeRVE™ is eDoctrina’s uber-flexible Teacher Observation software tool. With its ease-of-use, ability to be customized and affordability, this module takes the process of recording and tracking observation data to the next level.
- Improves teacher observations
OBSeRVE™ makes the observation process more effective & efficient. Its flexibility helps support shorter, formative observations in addition to traditional, summative evaluations. Reporting helps quickly identify areas of need (to be addressed by professional development).
- Easily manages data
All observation data, reports & discussions are stored in one, central place; easily accessed online by teachers & administrators.
- Encourages powerful discussions
OBSeRVE™’s unique Discussion Board feature allows teachers & administrators to carry on a real-time dialogue with the goal of making the observation process more transparent & helpful to both parties.
- Works with ANY rubric
Unlike its competitors, OBSeRVE™ has been designed to support any observation-scoring system or rubric. Whether you use state-mandated criteria or even a custom model, OBSeRVE™ can handle it.
- Reflects your observation style
Rating teachers? Scripting observations? Formal or walk-through? Skills portfolio? Attaching work samples? Having an open discussion with staff or do you need confidentiality? It doesn’t matter to us. OBSeRVE’s ability to handle many different styles of observations is extremely unique. Don’t see exactly what you need? Just let us know and we’ll talk full customization!
- Goes wherever you are
OBSeRVE™ is web based, so it works anywhere the internet is — your desktop, laptop, iPad or Smart phone. Its iPad app gives users the ability to record observation data in the classroom & then synch up to their computer when returning to the office.
- Costs less
OBSeRVE™ costs far less than its competitors, making it the perfect solution!
Check out the short demo video (at right) to see it in action. If you’d like even more information, contact us for a personalized webinar.
Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
Student Growth Objectives (SGOs)
Although student growth is gratifying to watch, it can be tricky to measure. But that’s exactly what many states are attempting. The result? Complicated mandates that can be difficult for districts to manage. eDoctrina to the rescue! Our student-growth tool has been hailed as time (and hair) saver by many districts throughout the country.
- It can be used by teachers and/or administrators. Different states have different mandates. eDoctrina allows either teachers or administrators (or both) to collaborate on SLO creation.
- Uses assessment data to produce baseline/evidence goals. You decide which assessments will be used at the beginning of the year and at the end, drag-and-drop them into place and your work is done. eDoctrina instantly handles the complex calculations that can result from numerous benchmarks.
- Supports several different growth measures. A number of measures are already supported, including “Growth to Mastery” (every student grows to a certain level), “Common Growth” (every student grows by a certain percentage), “Differentiatied Growth” (every student has his/her own goal) and “Gap Closing” (each student closes in on his/her own goal). Know of one we don’t have? Let us know and we’ll add it!
- Can be linked to individual district’s scoring criteria/ratings. eDoctrina can automatically cross-check the percentage of students who made their growth goal with a district scoring table to spit out a rating for those teachers affected by different SLOs.
- Produces easy-to-read reports that highlight student and educator efficacy.
For more information on the Student Learning Objectives tool, watch the video above or contact us to setup a personalized webinar.
“We REALLY like the SLO tool. It’s a life saver!
I just don’t know how we would have kept track of all of these test results without eDoctrina.”
– Robin Kwiatek, Clarence Central School District (N.Y.)